Rehabilitation Engineer – Full Time – Engineering and Sales
AC Mobility is a rehabilitation equipment provider for the aged and for people with a disability. It has operated for more than twenty years in Western Australia. Based in Malaga, it has specialized in providing a wide range of equipment for children and adults. The company has a strong engineering knowledge base and has the ability to prescribe, manufacture and customise equipment as required.
The company is seeking to employ a Rehabilitation Engineer on a full time basis. The work time will be principally involved in the Engineering Department, but will from time to time be spent in Prescription Product Sales.
The work involved will be principally
- Assembly of prescription power wheelchairs, manual wheelchairs, and paediatric equipment
- When required, to participate in client assessments for prescription power wheelchairs, manual wheelchairs, and paediatric equipment,
- When required, to assemble, deliver and set up prescription equipment for clients
- To carry out modifications of equipment when required
- To carry out repairs of equipment, either “in-house” or at a customers site with the mobile repair unit
- It is essential that the applicant has a professional or trade training qualifications in the area of Rehabilitation Engineering
- It is essential that the applicant can demonstrate excellent mechanical skills
- It is highly desirable that the applicant has extensive experience in wheelchair seating in power and manual wheelchairs, including programming of power wheelchairs with complex seating
- It is highly desirable that the applicant has had at least reasonable experience with paediatric clients and the assessment of suitable equipment as required by the client, such as for seating, standing, walking, bathing and toileting
- The ability to work pleasantly and co-operatively with clients and company team members is very important
- A current drivers licence is essential
AC Mobility will provide training in the use of any equipment to be used.
Working hours will be 38 hours per week. Some overtime may be required from time to time.
A competitive salary plus superannuation will be offered. A mobile phone and iPad will be provided.
A permanent position will be offered subject to the satisfactory completion of a three month probationary period.
Interested? Then apply in writing outlining your background, training and experience, and explain how you meet the selection criteria. Please email it to Cary Nathan at email@example.com.