Home access ramps for wheelchairs and walkers, vehicle access ramps and water retention ramps for your bathroom.
Tyrex access and wheelchair ramps
Made from recycled car tyres, the Tyrex rubber wedge wheelchair ramps are a simple, long lasting, practical solution to many wheelchair access problems both inside and outside. They are extremely durable and hard wearing. We’ve got lots of sizes and types of ramps available. Do you have problems getting a wheelchair, scooter, walker or pedestrian in and about your home? (Or even your business?) Our wheelchair ramps mean it’s easily and quickly solved!
By combining several threshold ramps with infill panels, you can solve common entrance problems of
- a simple step
- a step comprising of a brick riser + door sill
- a step comprising of a brick riser + sliding door track
How good are they?
- They are very versatile. You can use them for a wide range of access purposes such as: pedestrian traffic, as wheelchair ramps, for scooters and even commodes
- They are extremely hard wearing
- Can be used indoors in wet or dry areas
- Can be used outdoors in the weather
- Can be trimmed to size
- Due to their flexibility, they will conform to uneven ground surfaces
- Can be left loose or fixed in place
- They have an anti-slip surface so are suitable to walk upon
If you can’t approach the door straight on but have to come from the side, then you may need some “wings”. Wings are tri-angular sections that will fit alongside the main ramp that will allow you to come from the side and climb up onto the main ramp. They are often used for ramps coming out into corridors, or on narrow verandahs leading up to a front door. Wings come in a wide variety of sizes to match the entire Tyrex wheelchair ramp range. They can be used on either the left or right side of the main ramp.
Ramp + wing for entrance from right side – used in corridors and on verandahs in confined spaces
Ramp + wing for entrance from left side – used in corridors and on verandahs in confined spaces
There is a wide range of wheelchair ramp heights available, starting from 15mm and going up to 150mm high in 5mm increments.
Tyrex Shower Water Retention Ramps
Tyrex Shower Water Retention Ramps are perfect to replace shower recess hobs, providing easy access for wheelchairs – or if you just find step-over structures inconvenient.
- Coloured white or grey
- Anti-trip safety ramps on both sides
- Anti-slip surface
- Easily cut to fit shower recesses and many other areas requiring a barrier to water egress
- Can be flexed and adhered to seal slightly uneven surface
Adjustable Non-skid Wheelchair Telescoping Aluminum Ramp
This is a retractable ramp which is perfect for loading onto porches curbs landing steps or mini vans.
Durable aluminum insures durable construction with a maximum 600 lbs capacity. Rust proof makes it has long lifespan. Fit for scooters and wheelchairs to get over steps or load into vehicles. The retractable design makes it convenient for storage and portability.The retractable design makes it convenient for storage and portability.
- Durable construction: Ramp is made of durable aluminum which insure durable construction with a maximum 600 lbs capacity. Rust proof makes it has long lifespan. Fit for scooters and wheelchairs to get over steps or load into vehicles
- Retractable design: This ramp is sold in pair it is retractable design which can adjust length from 4′ to 7′ or 3′ to 5′. Easy for carrying and storage makes it a great convenience for daily use
- Guardrails and non-skid surface: Non-skid high traction surface for optimal grip in all weather conditions. Two guardrails on each side to prevent your vehicle from falling off the side. 6-1/8″ wide usable non-skid traction surface (7-1/2″ overall width)
- Immobilized lock: Sections can be locked into place after expanding for keeping balance and stability
- Easy to use: Just open it and ready to use
- No installation required