Ovations and DeZyne (formerly Dimensions)
Our gel products are the best interface between the user and the equipment.
Many users of wheelchairs and other durable medical equipment incur pressure and abrasion, resulting in pain and sometimes skin breakdown. To users of crutches, walkers, canes and the like, it can mean unnecessary pain and a variety of health problems.
That’s why every client, clinician and rehabilitation products dealer is always looking for the best interface between the user and the equipment. That’s where our range of gel products come in.
The Gel Ovations product line is focused on padding and protecting people to prevent pressure and discomfort when using wheelchairs, scooters, walkers and similar mobility equipment.
Gel Ovations products were created to address the interface between people and durable equipment.
Using proprietary hydrophilic and hydrophobic gels in different applications, and offering them in a variety of configurations and attachable surfaces, Gel Ovations offers the industry’s best solutions to improving comfort by reducing both pressure and abrasion.
A gel is neither liquid nor solid.
When a hard object is pressed into a solid gel, the gel conforms to the shape of the hard object while simultaneously continuing to provide support.
That combination is why solid gels are so comfortable. Gel products are comfortable for most people. The comfort and quality are a result of the cover, the gels used, and the designs including attachment options.
Gel OvationsTM products
- are latex-free
- feature a solid gel for comfort and support
- have a durable neoprene nylon surface, which is soft, easy to clean, and highly efficient at distributing pressure
Gel OvationsTM is the largest manufacturer of GEL products for padding Durable Medical Equipment.
DeZyne Gel (previously Dimensions Gel) has great properties that make it very useful for those with seating issues.
Used as an overlay over an existing seat or other surface, it is soft and flexible and will conform to the underlying surface. Perfect for those who are uncomfortable when seating, and/or who may be at low to medium risk of skin breakdown.
A Range of Applications
DeZyne can protect boney prominences and prevent or reduce shear, impact, vibration, rubbing and harmful pressure related problems.
- Wheelchair seating, armrests, headrests, lateral pads, hip supports, thigh guides, legrests & footrests
- Scooter seats
- Shower chairs
- Commode seats
- Electric lift chairs
- Office chairs
- On car and truck seats – especially useful for long distance truck drivers and taxi drivers
- For reducing the vibration on industrial and construction equipment such as fork lifts, backhoes, front end loaders, graders etc
- Marine seating
- General seating
- DeZyne Gel is a solid and will not flow or leak if cut or punctured
- It will not dry out over time, and will maintain its shape for years
- Hypoallergenic, does not contain latex or isocyanates, odourless
- Hydrophobic, making an ideal product for use in wet areas or where incontinence may be a problem, such as on shower chairs and commode seats
- Easy to clean! The pads can be gently submerged completely in water for cleaning
- Sterilisable – it can be sterilized in a 10:1 water to bleach solution
- The pads come in sheets of varying sizes, all 1/2″ thick. They can also be cut to size if required, making it easier to get just the shape you need